Re: newtoken02.patch - New Token code patch #2 ready for testing

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 04:53:07 +0100

* Emiel Kollof (coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> * David Rhodus (drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >
> > Emiel
> > 	Can you report back with the output from /usr/bin/time -l make
> > buildworld
> > running with and without the patch since your system seems to be running
> > slower.
>
> Sure, I'll do buildworld with patch first, and then without. This will
> take a while though. :P

Gremlins, I tell you. First I could reproduce the slowdowns time and
time again even with reboots inbetween, and now suddenly they are gone. Of
course when trying to get measurements, they went away. Demo effect in
effect, but the otherway around.

Something _was_ up. Dunno what it was, but when I see it again, I'll get
to the bottom of it. Now my world is synced up to the (patched) kernel,
and I'm armed with systat/ps/top et al.

Cheers,
Emiel