Re: ad0: READ command timeout

From: Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 03:24:24 +0000

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 03:22:00PM +0100, Tomaz Borstnar wrote:
: Jonathon McKitrick pravi:
: >It happens during cvsup and buildworlds.
:
: UDMA stuff causing problems? Sometimes setting things to PIO actually
: make system faster and more stable?
:
: Can you check with PIO modes?

UPDATE: I have just reinstalled FBSD4.8 on this laptop, and the problem went
away.  I have another drive on the way to install DFly on, and see if the
problem persists.

If so, what is the best route to follow?  All I can say is, during heavy
disk activity, I get the timeout warnings and 'reset clicks' on my drive.

jm
--
My other computer is your Windows box.