Re: newtoken02.patch - New Token code patch #2 ready for testing

From: David Rhodus <drhodus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:35:40 -0500

On Feb 25, 2004, at 5:41 PM, Emiel Kollof wrote:

* Bosko Milekic (bmilekic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:02:24PM +0100, Emiel Kollof wrote:

Well, I just tried compiling one big port with lots of dependancies (KDE
in my case) and a buildworld in another terminal. Both progress really
slowly. Without the patch, it just flies along (like it should with this
2.6 Ghz machine).

I haven't really investigated further (I need top/ps/systat to really
investigate, but they break, which is why I did the buildworld to get
world in sync).

Note that I'm using a uniprocessor system. Dunno if SMP boxes have this
behaviour. It's stable though, it doesn't crash.

Cheers,
Emiel
--

Make sure you're using the latest version of the patch, the one without the vnode lock problems.

I am. I have reverted my system, and have started kernel and world build
again, so I can see what's going on better.

Cheers,
Emiel
--

Emiel
Can you report back with the output from /usr/bin/time -l make buildworld

-DR