Re: systimer01.patch available for review.

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 06:39:12 +0100

-On [20040128 19:32], Matthew Dillon (dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    Broken assembly is typically __asm() code that fails to properly
>    specify register state (what's being read, written, modified, and
>    blown away).  Broken C tends to be C code that uses unions to load
>    elements of one type, and then read elements of another type
>    overlayed on the first set of elements via the union.  Or something
>    like that.

Which brings me to another point:

if you/we want to make everything compiler agnostic it would mean taking
the assembly out of the .[ch] files and put them in .s files.  Not all
compilers do inline assembly.  And not even all do it as gcc/gas do it
(syntactically).

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Don't try to find the Answer where there ain't no Question here...