Re: Spam issues in DFly lists

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:25:41 -0800 (PST)

:You had my inital note about it, but I think you didn't get my writeup
:because it got filtered.
:
:http://www.shiningsilence.com/archive-proposal/
:
:My gut feeling is that Mailman may be easier for maintenence, as it does
:a lot of what we/I'd have to do manually.  If you prefer Bestserv,
:though, I'll just roll up my sleeves and work.  (I'll need you to
:install procmail/hypermail, though.)

    I'd like to stick with bestserv for now, because it's already there
    and working and because I think a mail archive interface should not
    be integrated into the mailing list server... it should be a separately
    fed entity.

    Having that separation should give us more flexibility.  For example,
    if we don't like how one web archive works we can switch to another
    without potentially disrupting the mailing lists themselves.  There
    seem to be a number of options available in regards to mail archiving
    and web access to same.