Re: Here be dragons

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 15:05:14 +0100

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

Interesting to note if you plan on doing MFC's from FreeBSD-CURRENT:

[From:
http://www.thejemreport.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=108]

It really depends (on amd64 support, for example). I saw massive improvements over 5.1 when I installed it on a test machine. But the subconcious tugging that it's really underoptimized (compared to 4.x) remains.

Nevertheless, I have no choice but to use it - 4.x is getting no significant development, and is starting to have problems with some recent hardware, and dragonfly is not ready yet... (and still needs support for the mentioned recent hardware).