Re: ISO Snapshots

From: Mark Valentine <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:59:34 +0000

> From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Sat 17 Jan, 2004
> Subject: Re: ISO Snapshots

> Mark Valentine said on Jan 17, 2004 at 19:32:10:
> > Similarly, a netboot floppy would be useful,
>
> I believe grub can do network boots:
> http://www.openbg.net/sto/os/xml/netboot.html

If it can handle my PCMCIA network card, that would be of some (limited) use.

> If FreeBSD/DragonFly don't like your USB CD-ROM, I don't see how you
> can re-install

I thought I mentioned the PCMCIA CD-ROM drive (I actually use external
Freecom drives with a modular interface and both PCMCIA and USB cables).

For some reason FreeBSD/DragonFly work only with the PCMCIA cable and Linux
only with the USB...

		Cheers,

		Mark.

--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*