Re: ISO Snapshots

From: Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:25:06 -0500

Mark Valentine said on Jan 17, 2004 at 10:49:18:
> >     Any computer company these days which sells a computer with a CD which
> >     can't boot from that CD is a computer company that isn't going to be
> >     around for very long.
>
> I guess I should just toss that two and a half year old ThinkPad 240X in the
> bin then?  Such a shame, it's rather cute and otherwise well supported by
> BSD.

You have a mid-2001 ThinkPad that can't boot off the CD-ROM?  Remind
me not to buy IBM...

But about floppy boots, it's certainly useful for some older machines:
isn't it possible to configure grub (or lilo) to boot off the CD-ROM?
Ie, the bios boots the floppy, which contains grub configured to boot
the CD?

Rahul