Re: Junior kernel hacking

From: Max Laier <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 21:28:11 +0100

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 17:47, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Justin C. Sherrill wrote:
> > Benchmarking will be useful soon.  DragonFly-specific technologies like
>
> How soon is soon? I'm thinking of benchmarking FreeBSD 4.9, 5.2, DF,
> Linux/2.4 & Linux2.6 on a "spare" machine, but it won't be spare for
> long. (The plan is to use: bytebench, bonnie++, postgresql, and a web
> CMS application).

You might want to take a look here: http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/ (which
has gone through the various lists a while back).

> Is this a good time to benchmark DF?

As Matt already wrote, it'd be good to see where DF is now and how certain
changes (in the future) impact on the performance.

--
Best regards,				| max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661