Re: UFS2 (was Re: Junior kernel hacking)

From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 16:49:58 +0100

On Tue, Jan 13, 2004 at 11:17:17PM -0800, Kip Macy wrote:
> Backporting snapshots would also be nice.
>
> 			-Kip

I don't thing we want that / need that. For the moment porting the
"mount of unclean softdep fs" would be enough. I'm not sure, but
providing additional hooks to free blocks from userspace and perhaps
some more could be enough to implement 'background' fsck. IMO having
being able to mount the fs is the most important feature, the rest can
wait.

Joerg