Re: ips (serveraid adapter) - someone working on it ?

From: YONETANI Tomokazu <qhwt+dragonfly-kernel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:27:56 +0900

Hello.

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 01:23:11AM -0800, Hiten Pandya wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 07:40:17PM +0100, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> : -On [20040107 19:12], Hiten Pandya (hmp@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> : >	I do not think porting it would be a HUGE difficulty, but when I
> : >	get time I will surely take a look at it, unless someone else is
> : >	working on it.
> :
> : What is 'ips'?  It has a very familiar ring to it, but I cannot
> : remember.
>
> 	IBM ServerRAID driver; it is located in the dev/ips directory in
> 	the FreeBSD kernel (sys/) source.
>
> 	The driver supports quite a few controllers.

It may be too late to jump in, but anyway; I happen to be trying to port
it (initially I was trying to port it to -STABLE last year).
It boots from IDE drive and detects the controller properly, but needs
some more tweaking to make it work. Currently I'm working on converting
bio and geom changes back into 4.x style. I'm on holiday and I don't
have console access, so don't expect me to come up with it in a few days.
On the other hand, if you already have working ips driver, please let me
know, I'm willing to test it.

By the way, one thing I'm worrying about is its stability; I'm still
able to reliably panic it on FreeBSD-CURRENT. If you search the archive
for the subject `lots of "exclusive sleep mutex"', you'll find the detail.

Regards.