Re: proc extension request: p_sched

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:21:28 -0800 (PST)

:Hi !
:
:Some more thoughts/concerns.
:
:>     Right.  A simple set of function pointers in struct scheduler ought
:>     to cover about 90% of what needs to be done.  I'm sure that some functions
:>     may also have to be migrated into or out of kern_switch.c to properly
:>     compartmentalize the user process scheduling functions.
:And what about the stuff in kern_synch.c ? I'm pretty sure that *some*
:schedulers would like to have their own timer policy, but I rather would
:not like to touch this now.
:Is this something for stage 3 or even stage 4 ?

    I think you are right.  We can temporarily not worry about kern_synch.c,
    but eventually we will want to abstract some of the API to give
    schedulers more leeway.