SMP kernel on UP machines?

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:28:57 +0100

Hi,

Does that work? I have a CPU that's supposed to do HTT. Yet when I try
to boot an SMP kernel, it just fails at boot complaining it can't find a
local APIC, yet my machine _does_ have one.

It might be an idea to allow SMP kernels to boot on UP anyway for
distribution purposes. In CURRENT SMP is default and works fine on UP
machines. It doesn't slow down the machines much either.

Cheers,
Emiel