Re: bash me, if you like

From: esmith <esmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:54:04 -0500

Jeremy Messenger wrote:

.... Bash is in GPL license and Zsh's zsh license is kind of identical to the BSD license if I read the license correct.... Cheers, Mezz

The GPL is a reason not to distribute bash with any BSD that no one can successfully argue with. I forgot bash is under the ( cough, communist, cough, cough ) GPL because I use it so much on BSDs. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to re-write bash from scratch and release it under the BSD license, just for DragonFly. If only I had the time.