Re: configuration files

From: Richard Coleman <Richard.Coleman@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:03:55 -0500

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
-On [20031211 21:02], Richard Coleman (Richard.Coleman@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Well, I wasn't necessarily arguing for using xml or any other specific format. But since I'm bored at work, I'll put on my bikeshed helmet and throw in my thoughts.

Could you please refrain from already labeling a discussion a bikeshed?
It makes me want to stop participating in these discussions.  Because
then it is basically said: hey, I am wondering about X, but since I know
it is futile we'll just talk.  Personally I like to treat each
discussion/idea as something possibly worthwhile to invest a lot of time
in.

I thought it was obvious this was a joke. I guess not.

Personally, I think it is a very interesting discussion and a topic that I've thought about alot about over the years. And although I will talk about it as much as people can tolerate, I will admit that I think it is a futile discussion. Sorry, but I'm just being honest.