shortcut to install dragonfly?

From: evs <erik14@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 21:29:28 +0000

the dragonfly download page states:

 you need to use fdisk, boot0cfg, disklabel (don't forget to install
bootblocks), newfs, and mount, and then at the very least 'cpdup' the
contents of the CDRom into your HD. Be sure to remove
/boot/loader.conf and fixup /etc/fstab on the HD before trying to
reboot through the HD

That's OK but, I'm lazy.

Could we:
1 do a minimal install to the target HD with FreeBSD 4.9 ( or 5.1 )
2 boot from the dragonfly cd
3 delete all the FreeBSD files on the target HD
4 cpdup the dfly cd to the hd, fix fstab, remove loader.conf
5 point the bootloader at the new kernel and reboot?

maybe step 3 isn't necessary. I haven't tried Matt's clever cpdup
yet.
I've done installs down at the nitty-gritty level but, like I said,
I'm lazy.