Re: propolice for GCC?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:02:56 -0800 (PST)

:
:You know... it was just too trivial to pass up doing right now.  I'll
:build it tonight but the patch is located at:
:
:http://www.missouri.edu/~dooleyr/dragonfly/propolice.diff
:
:(created with a diff -crN /usr/src /usr/src.pp)
:
:Cheers,
:Ryan

     Ok.  I've looked at the code output and it does impose some
     fairly serious overheads, so I am going to default the compiler
     to off instead of on.  We can then add -fstack-protector to
     sys.mk, /etc/make.conf, or wherever else we need to add it.

     I am going to start committing the basic support pieces now.