Re: bash me, if you like

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:37:53 -0800 (PST)

:>     at least not on FreeBSD as of October 13th!
:>
:>     You might have the bindings in your /etc/csh.cshrc or ~/.cshrc already.
:
:Ummm, maybe it's only on 5.x? Check here:

    Ach.  Now I see.. ok.    In fact the /usr/src/share/skel/dot.cshrc
    in FreeBSD-5, FreeBSD-4, *and* DragonFly have the bindings.

    But these skel files are only being installed /usr/share/skel.  They are
    only used by the adduser script.

    I think what I would like to do is either set the bindings in
    /etc/csh.cshrc, or simply modify the tcsh source to make the
    history search bindings the default instead of the non-history search
    bindings.  There's really no reason not to make the history search
    bindings the default that I can think of.