Re: devFS?

From: Max Laier <max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:13:05 +0100

andy-dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
listbox wrote @ Mon, 8 Dec 2003 18:38:52 -0700:
1.) Create a better methed for changing node permissions on boot.

Just preserving the modes from chmod etc.
would be a fine interface and be compatible
to the old way.

. .. and brings us back to the need of non-volatile backing store for the /dev ... I think what you really want is an automatically updated /dev rather then a real devfs (whatever that might be). I agree that having a configuration file for /dev permissions is not very pleasant nor is mknod when it comes to hot-plugging devices with several minors et al.

--
Best regards,				| max@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661