New 'vx' and 'lnc' driver

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:26:31 -0800 (PST)

    Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted this to
    submit@ on November 29th (Subject 'PCI compat clean, part 1').

    I have committed Joerg's lnc and vx driver patches, but I have
    been unable to test either driver.  I would appreciate it if someone
    with an ethernet card that uses lnc or vx could test the new drivers!

:Hi all,
:the attached patch is a backport of the lnc and vx driver
:from FBSD5. They are not the newest versions, just new enough to
:use newbus, not the PCI compat code. Please test
:them, I don't have such a card (or VMWare for if_lnc).
:The GENERIC kernel with this patch is PCI compat free.
:In LINT the follow drivers need some work:
:- dev/atm/hea
:- dev/atm/hfa
:- dev/netif/en
:- dev/netif/fpa
:- dev/powermng/i386/alpm
:- dev/serial/cy
:- dev/serial/rp
:- dev/serial/stl
:- dev/video/meteor
:
:If you are using one of those driver, send me a mail.
:
:Not related is a patch for netsmb/smb_subr.c to make it compile.
:
:Joerg