cdrtools not working anymore?

From: Emiel Kollof <coolvibe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:14:15 +0100

Hi gang,

Has anyone noticed that cdrtools from the ports don't work anymore? It
mutters something about not being able to open the scsi driver. I tried
both the port and the package.

While stracing I saw that cdrecord tried some CAM ioctl on /dev/xpt0, which
somehow failed. I tried putting my ahc0 SCSI adapter and cd writer on
different machines running dfly, and they all refused to burn discs.

Since (due to moving house) I don't have internet at home, It's kinda
hard to include the exact error message or the strace output. If someone
has the same problem as I, please step forward :)

Oh, and that cd-burning box is no longer running dfly, since I need to
be able to burn CD's (now more often than in the last few months), so I
can't even reproduce it now.

Cheers,
Emiel