Re: Bind update

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:25:08 +0100

-On [20031122 22:22], David Rhodus (drhodus@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Do you have examples of these security problems ? The only ones I can
>think of are root'd inside the design of bind 8.x. I would be very
>intrested to see if we couldn't replace the 8.x series with bind 9.x
>without many implications.

Sorry, I wasn't making myself clear, what I was asking was more like:

But what if in the time between now and when we have the new system in
place we find security holes in the contrib code, how do we handle that?

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
A thousand times these mysteries unfold themselves like galaxies in my
head...