Re: Renaming the system to 'DragonFly'

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 16:21:11 -0800 (PST)

:-On [20031118 22:02], Matthew Dillon (dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>    Ok, I'm a little confused.  What is the exact path of the source you
:>    want me to take a look at?
:
:Well, some ports depend on autoconf.  The autoconf in the CVS tree of
:the autoconf project has my patch in there already, which should detect
:the DragonFly name.
:
:Not sure if it would add much at the moment...
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai / kita no mono

    I think I've figured out how to do it.  I added a .makeenv directive
    to make.  I think all I need to do is add this to bsd.port.mk and
    bsd.dfport.mk:

# Temporary Hack
#
OSVERSION ?= 480102
UNAME_s?= FreeBSD
UNAME_v?=FreeBSD 4.8-CURRENT
UNAME_r?=4.8-CURRENT

. makeenv UNAME_s
. makeenv UNAME_v
. makeenv UNAME_r
. makeenv OSVERSION

    That seems to fool configure.  It took an hour or two to figure out
    the right parameters... it turns out that just setting the OS name is
    not enough, because our DragonFly version is 1.0 configure wound up
    believing the operating system to be FreeBSD-1.0, which broke a lot
    of things :-).  So I basically have to override nearly all the uname
    parameters.

    Boy do I hate configure.

    In anycase, I think this will reduce the number of problems sufficiently
    that the remaining problems can be dealt with as they come up.  I am
    going to commit the name change.