Re: page fault in boot

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 16:45:12 -0800 (PST)

:Hi !
:
:I had a page fault with a recent kernel build
:while booting.
:No modules involved, just the blank kernel.
:And it's a UP machine.
:Before and after doing a disklabel -B.
:Reproducable.
:The old kernel just boots fine in any case.
:(I don't want to issue a boot0cfg, since I
:  want still be able to boot my -current.)
:
:I wrote down what was on the screen - would that
:be of any help ?
:It's an ASUS P4S533 motherboard and an P4 Socket 478.
:
:Cheers
:Peter
:
:--
:<peter.kadau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Yes, but before you go to the trouble of transcribing
    the screen to an email try updating your sources and
    building a new kernel.  Jeroen just fixed a problem that
    is the likely cause.