Re: acpi in new loader

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:25:50 -0800 (PST)

:
:OK, I'll work on that later today or tomorrow. Are we ever planning on having
:acpi support? Is it already there and I'm just not seeing it? Your comment
:above "(which is basically how it works in our kernel anyway)" seems to imply
:we have it but as far as I know it's not there.
:
:Ken

    Actually, I've reconsidered... keep the boot loader ACPI stuff in.  We
    will eventually use it.

    Nearly all new machines use ACPI now so we are eventually going to have
    to integrate it in and the loader could very well be the best place to do
    it.