Re: Non-gcc compilers

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:54:21 +0100

-On [20031113 20:12], R. Joseph Wright (joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>Is everything really in place to make it compile with a non-gcc compiler or
>is this a "forward looking" statement?  If it does compile with tendra, for
>example, is there any documentation available for getting it done?

Speaking from a well-known point for me, namely TenDRA, no.

One of the things I want to get done in the coming weeks is making the
entire build more friendly to switching compilers by a simple entry in
make.conf and have the build worry about the details.

TenDRA can compile a great deal of the userland utilities, but I still
need to add a whole lot of c99 functionality.

ICC should be almost a drop in replacement.  I saw a PR about adding
hooks for icc in the build.  I'll take a look at that again and probably
add it.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
Nothing is ever as it appears.  You fool only yourself if you believe
what is easiest to believe...