Re: Matt's schedule for this week

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 14:38:36 -0800 (PST)

:With the kernel I'm running using 3.3.2, the only issues I've found so far are
:module loading and debugging. Our gdb is too old to understand kernel.debug I
:think, and the module code needs to be updated.  Is it worth looking at gdb
:6.0?  I remember the FreeBSD people waiting on it for full amd64 support.
:Also, is there still support for the 5.x kernel and modules in /boot or was
:that changed instead of added to?
:
:-Craig

    When I brought in the 5.x sys/boot code I left in support for /boot
    and /boot/modules, but I prepended '/' and '/modules' to the module path
    so it will also find /kernel and /modules.

    If no /kernel or /modules exists it ought to look in /boot and
    /boot/modules automatically.