Re: APM problems.

From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Nov 2003 21:22:29 GMT

Erik Paulsen Skaalerud <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> 1) APM.  I have the following line in my kernel config file, but
>> I'm still unable to use the apm program to see my battery level
>> (which is all I really want to do since only windows seems to be
>> able to put this laptop to sleep and wake it up properly):
>>
>> device apm0 at nexus? disable flags 0x20
>
> Remove the word "disable" on that line. Or just have "device apm0". It works
> for me.

I removed everything after nexus? and it's working great now.  Thanks :-)

With audio, however, I'm quite stuck.

I've tried the lines:

device pcm0	at isa? port0x530 irq 5 drq 1
options PNPBIOS

(though the sound card is not PNP), but it still doesn't see the
cs4236 chip.  I've tried the line:

device css0	at isa? port 0x530 irq 5 drq 1

and "make depend" complains.

Any ideas.

Adam