Re: Microkernel architecture?

To: David Leimbach <leimy2k@xxxxxxx>
From: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:08:54 -0800

L4 is really cool until you realize how much work it would be to
anything interesting in its context. The current L4Linux doesn't have
anywhere near the performance relative to native Linux that the one
discussed in the paper did. The amount of optimization and tuning that
they had to do get it to that point just seems hard to justify in the
absence of a "killer app" or a large user base.

				-Kip