Re: ataNG

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:39:39 -0400

At 11:09 AM -0700 10/24/03, Matthew Dillon wrote:

I am not opposed to it, *BUT* I have one requirement... that it be brought in under a new device name and that we keep the existing ata driver.

That sounds like a good idea. Two good ideas, actually. 1) bring it in (if someone has the time and energy), and 2) put it under a separate name, for at least a few months. (and I mean at *least* a few months)

DragonflyBSD is a much smaller world than FreeBSD, so forcing
all Dfly users to use it will not add all much more to the
debugging effort for ataNG.  At the same time, it would be good
to have ataNG available for those Dfly users who can use it.

[disclaimer: but I'm not offering to do the work... :-) ]

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx