Re: DragonFly and FBSD 5.1

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:16:15 +0100

Michel Salim wrote:
Hi,

I was in the midst of downloading FreeBSD 5.1 when I read about DragonFly's
process checkpointing. I then proceeded to read the DragonFly discussion on
Slashdot and the goals posted on the website, and thought it worth checking
out.

Cool! Now that you say it, I should probably write up a little article/docco for DragonFly's Process Checkpointing capability.

The question now is whether I could have it coexisting with FreeBSD 5.1. I
have not used FreeBSD recently so these are the only ISOs I have. Does
DragonFly have support for UFS2, or would I have to explicitly tell FreeBSD
to create UFS1 partitions? Should I not bother and just download
the -miniinst and -disc2 ISOs?

DragonFly does not have support for UFS2, yet. Some of us are working on it, but it is a tough cookie to handle. Anyways, you would need to tell FreeBSD to explicitly create UFS1 partitions to make it coexist with DragonFly.

Hope this helps,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx