Re: checkpoint/restart

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 14:03:19 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I hope this isn't a stupid question, but how do I get the inode/dev_t for
:binary of the process itself? I'm sure I can find it, but you probably
:know off hand.

There are two ways. The binary itself is stored in the process structure as p_textvp. You can perform a stat on the vnode (I forget
the VOP_ that does that). But this is deficient for a number of
reasons.

Hmm, I guess a call to VOP_GETATTR() should suffice. Although a check would need to be done in the case where va_fsid is -1, but I am not sure if the check is needed in this context.

Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx