Re: variant symlinks (was Re: Anybody working on removing sendmail from base?)

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:07:57 -0700 (PDT)

::While I personally don't have a huge need to have 47 copies of the same
::software :-) something I do like the idea of is a variant symlink for /tmp
::like:
::
::/tmp -> ${HOME}/tmp
::
::What possibilities would we have there?
::
::Thanks,
::
::Evan
:
:    That would be a fairly mangled misuse of variant symlinks.
:

    ... That was a joke, by the way :-)  You could do it, but people would
    cringe.