Re: namecache status, slab allocator status

From: Robert Clark <res03db2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:54:11 -0400

Thanks for the pointers to the papers. I had fun reading them, and passed copies to a few friends at work.

Its nice to know that the slab allocator got some use in Solaris 8. Its nice to be able to learn about a key piece of technology and have it used in a widely applicable platform. Having performance and tuning books make reference is nice as well.

Thanks, [RC]

Hiten Pandya wrote:
David Leimbach wrote:

Matt or others,
regarding below.  Do you or anyone else know where I can find
documentation on what makes a slab allocator different from others?

I don't want to bother you with questions about it as I know you are
fully capable of giving very nice, detailed answers complete with
ASCII diagrams :).

Sure, read Bonwick's papers, here are some links: