Re: Ridiculous idea: Cache as ramdisk?

To: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kip Macy <kmacy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 13:43:23 -0700

The only problem with elephant is that backing up efficiently without
losing the multiple versions is an open design problem. Doug Santry
had it running as his root file system so I know it worked reasonably
well. Once userland VFS support is available, developing something like
that shouldn't be too hard.

			-Kip