Re: cache_lookup() work this week.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 08:48:42 +0200

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 04:54:38PM +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
+> > When managing jails I like to put services in their own /services/xxx
+> > subdir, as well as under their respective /jails/host/services/xxx.  I
+> > then I can blow away the jail, or do a destructive upgrade without
+> > having to worry about restoring the service related data other than
+> > making another link.  Soft links don't work because of chroot.
+>
+> As long as you manage to keep it all cycle-free it should all work fine.
+> I think Matt;s semi-hard links might allow you to do what you want.

Hmm. Hardlinked directories should be visable in chroot environment,
but semi-hardlinked I hope not.

Semi-hardlinks could cross mountpoints, so it is posibble to create
semi-hardlink without end point (because semi-hardlink will be there
after unmounting file system), so it is possible to create semi-hardlink
from inside jail to objects from outside jail. That's why it isn't
acceptable. There is no such problem with directory-hardlinks, because
target object must exists.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel@xxxxxxxxxxx
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl