Re: cache_lookup() work this week.

From: Billy <billy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 07:21:31 -0700

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 11:34:31AM +0100, Jan Grant wrote:
> There are advantages in having a DAG for directory trees. I'm still
> trying to figure out what good permitting cycles does.

There are a few times that I've wished I could make directory hardlinks.  In
most of these instances a soft link was good enough, however not always.

When managing jails I like to put services in their own /services/xxx
subdir, as well as under their respective /jails/host/services/xxx.  I
then I can blow away the jail, or do a destructive upgrade without
having to worry about restoring the service related data other than
making another link.  Soft links don't work because of chroot.