Re: cvs commit: src/sys/kern uipc_socket.c src/sys/sys poll.h src/sys/vfs/fifofs fifo_vnops.c

To: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:58:05 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Now I'm not longer able to boot off my 3ware controller.
:It starts to boot but goes into an infinite loop resetting itself....
:
:-DR

Is it due to this commit or an earlier one? e.g. if the 3ware controller
needs ISA DMA space it could be the slab allocator changes that are messing it up.

I think you may have to revert your tree incrementally to find out exactly where we broke the controller. But before you do try going
back to the original allocator and see if that fixes it (i.e. comment
out the NO_KMEM_MAP and USE_SLAB_ALLOCATOR kernel options if you had set
them). If it is the ISA DMA space I will take a timeout from the VFS
code and try to fix that more quickly then my current plan.

Allow me to apologize! It might have been my poll() commit.

I have committed a fix, hopefully, that should fix it.

Cheers.

	--
	Hiten (hmp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)