Re: new sysinstall

From: Chris Pressey <cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 00:54:12 -0500

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:58:02 +0200
Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx> wrote:

> XML merely marks up a bunch of data.  You'd need the appropriate
> parsers and DTDs to make it 'understand' the contents and even then
> you only get tokens.

Right; what I'm saying is, that if there is a DTD for "OS configuration
information", or if there's one in the works, then that's a strong
reason for DFBSD's installer to use XML - so data can be interchanged.

If there isn't, then I can't think of a strong reason to use XML, only
some relatively weak ones.

-Chris