Re: new sysinstall

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 09:25:42 -0700 (PDT)

:My biggest objection for PHP is that it is (usually used as...) monolithic -
:every library compiles into one single executable (I mean, there are no
:'header' or 'stub' files for every php-module). But this might as well serve
:as an advantage in this case! I think that the mentioned monolithic
:executable is all that takes to run it (besides the usual things like libc
::) ).
:
:--
:--
:Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with
:confidence.

    I think it is an advantage in this case.   We don't want to use PHP4
    to replace 'language', we want it to develop web templates for the
    installer and/or package manager.