DragonFly kernel List (threaded) for 2003-08
Re: Announcing shell machine availability for dragonfly developers
Do I qualify if I "want to run" dragonfly but my machines are too new?
I have this exact problem at the moment I am afraid.
I will send key and username soon.
On Aug 28, 2003, at 7:06 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:
Ta-da! Hiten and I were talking and shell access came up. I
about it a bit and initially thought I would put together a shell
for committers, but then it occured to me that there was no reason
restrict such a box only to committers if appropriate security
So, this is an announcement of the availability of a shell machine
DragonFly developers. You do *NOT* need to be a committer. Any
who has been at least somewhat active on the mailing lists can get
Requirements for getting a shell account:
* You must be at least somewhat active on the DragonFly mailing
* You do NOT need to be a committer.
* EMail me an sshv2 ( DSA ) key and username. sshv1 is not
* Only request an account if you need one. If you already have
powerful machines you do not need an account.
* The machine is leaf.dragonflybsd.org.
* Please do not set a password in your account or create ssh private
in your account. Use your .ssh/authorized_keys file only. It is
acceptable to use ssh -A from another box into this one in order to
then be able to ssh out of this box to another (i.e. committers: use
so you can commit to crater.dragonflybsd.org from this box).
* Note that "/FreeBSD" contains a read-only mostly up-to-date FreeBSD
source tree, and "/cvs" contains a read-only NFS mount from the main
repository which you can run cvs -R ... on.
* Lengthy automated builds should be restricted to the wee-hours of the
morning (1:00am to 7:00am) pacific time. This is a fairly hefty
and developers can do manually initiated buildworlds and such.
be nice to your fellow users and do not use make -j N.
* Please do not use this machine for non-dragonfly related work unless
otherwise given permission to by Matt Dillon. Obviously minor little
things here and there are just fine.
* Please do not abuse my limited bandwidth. NO SERVERS MAY BE RUN.
NO IRC BOTS. NO BACKGROUND PROCESSES UNLESS AUTHORIZED.
* BACKUP YOUR OWN DATA! This machine is not currently being backed up.