Re: new sysinstall

From: Billy <billy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:41:55 -0700

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 12:45:31PM -0500, Robert Garrett wrote:
> I'm seeing this as a four stage system.
>
> 1. Disk Editor (creates slices, and partitions)
> 2. Distribution Selection
> 3. Glorified FTP client
> 4. Configuration Management System

It would be nice if the various components of sysinstall do NOT have
different behavior than then regular system tools.  I'm talking
specifically about the fdisk portion which automatically use a fake
geometry, if the one it has seems wrong.  This is different from the
standard fdisk behavior (there is no "bad geometry" detection).

Ideally the fdisk and the fdisk portion of sysinstall would/will come
from the same piece of code, so that we have equivalent behavior
between the 2.

-billy