Re: Register keyword removal

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

:-On [20030812 12:42], Hiten Pandya (hmp@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
:>	I had patches for removing *all* register keywords across the
:>	FreeBSD base, sys; but they were rejected because everyone
:>	thought of it as diff churn... oh well...
:
:Perhaps remove them when you encounter the files when you are working on
:things.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai

    Personally speaking I like the kitchen sink approach for something
    as simple as this.  Get it done and over with, I say, so we can move
    on to something else.  The only thing I might try to avoid touching
    would be 'contrib', but everything else is fair game.

    And, yes, I also agree that DragonFly is in a unique position to be
    able to do these sorts of mass changes with minimal disruption.  But
    even within the FreeBSD development base __P() and register keyword
    removal would not present any significant disruption as long as it
    were decreed by core to get around all the individual developer's
    ownership and ego issues.