Re: __signed usage in ansi.h

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 12:02:36 -0700 (PDT)

:Anyone know why we are using:
:
:typedef     __signed char              __int8_t;
:
:in ansi.h?
:
:Why not just:
:
:typdef	signed char		__int8_t;
:
:It seems to be very GCC specific, but even those occurences are outdated
:when you glimpse the entire source tree of DragonFly.

    This is outdated.  'signed char' is fine.  Please keep the 'signed',
    however, because it overrides the GCC -funsigned-char option and we
    don't want 'int8_t' to suddenly become unsigned when people use that
    option.

:If no objections I will remove this within 2 days unless okayed to
:before.  Currently in FreeBSD I see there is a PR assigned to the
:standards guys about it (bin/35307).
:
:My idea, to change it to signed and perhaps just nuke it from cdefs.  It
:is non-portable anyway and the source tree does _not_ depend on it.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai