Re: CVS restructuring stage 2 complete

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 00:36:23 -0700 (PDT)

:rm -rf /usr/include
:cd src/include
:[9:00] [root@purgatory] (6) {0} # make install
:...
:
:It bails out because /usr/include doesn't exist.
:
:Attached patch creates the appropriate directories if they do not exist.
:One small caveat, mkdir is hardwired and not a make variable.
:
:--
:Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai

    I don't think I would consider this a bug per-say.  /usr/include is
    nominally created when /usr is laid out by mtree so the include
    subsystem is correct to assume that it already exists.   I think this
    could be considered a safety or sanity-check feature (remember, you
    can always specify a different target base directory and if you make
    a mistake there it's probably better for the system to refuse to install).

    If there was a bug it was in my instructions :-)