Re: High Performance File Systems

From: Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:53:14 +0200

-On [20030805 04:02], Forrest Aldrich (forrie@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>One thing BSD is lacking is the support of other higher-end file sytems...
>like XFS, JFS, Veritas, ReiserFS.
>
>Will DragonFly BSD be working to port or otherwise incorporate a
>high-performance file system?

Define high-performance?

Personally, after having had my share of VxFS, JFS, etc, etc on Solaris,
HP-UX, Tru64, AIX, and god knows what other platforms, the only
filesystem which I was left with respect for was AdvFS from DEC.

Hiten Pandya has done a lot of porting work on XFS for all I know.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai(at)wxs.nl> / asmodai
PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B