Re: Buffer overflow?

From: Hiten Pandya <hmp@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:07:47 +0100

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
IIRC Hiten is busy working on getting the OpenBSD non-exec stack code
working on DragonFly.

I have sussed out the signal trampoline code and how it was changed for IRIX binary emulation in other (NeT|Open) BSDs. I am gonna be off to holiday from next week or so; once I get back, I will resume my efforts on the non-exec stack for DFly.

Are you also going to port it to FreeBSD?

Alexander, I do not have any plans on back-porting it to FreeBSD because of my tight schedule, and...

	Secondly, the porting effort will be worthless on my front;
	because I will have to wade through KSE i.e. unwanted
	complexities that I don't want to take.

Cheers,

-- Hiten (hmp@xxxxxxxxxxx)