Re: Remove BIND, Sendmail, Perl and etc from base?

From: Peter da Silva <peter-dragonfly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:13:54 -0500

Richard Coleman wrote:
I've always wished that the various OS'es should just pick a "standard" scripting language, put in the base, and then use the hell out of it.

I wish the various UNIX variants would at least resist the temptation to use more than straight /bin/sh, which is after all the standard scripting language, unless they REALLY need to.