Re: C++

From: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:16:56 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Peter Dufault wrote:

> Tool and development issues dictate C or C++ for a project like this,
> including leveraging contributor skills.

The best pearl of wisdom I've seen on this subject comes
from Alan Cox (the Linux Alan Cox):

     "Object orientation is in the mind, not in the compiler"

The trick is to choose proper abstractions, something which
Matt seems to have done already for dragonfly bsd ... ;)

Rik
--
Engineers don't grow up, they grow sideways.
http://www.surriel.com/		http://kernelnewbies.org/