Re: C++

From: Peter Dufault <dufault@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 11:49:38 -0400

On Saturday, Jul 19, 2003, at 11:27 US/Eastern, David Leimbach wrote:

I have other examples of why I don't like C++ so much anymore for big projects [mostly due to the very
limited number of good C++ programmers in the world].

I'll sure agree with that. I've seen amazing things, such as people short on memory space that didn't realize they had constructed images of their IO address space.

I think it was Bertrand Meyer who said "Pointer arithmetic and multiple inheritance? Need I say more?" There are too many wrong ways to do things, and too many people not knowing what is going on behind the curtain.

Tool and development issues dictate C or C++ for a project like this, including leveraging contributor skills.

Anyway, ask a simple question, get a simple answer. I'm moving to the MESI cacheing thread to expend brain cycles on a useful topic.

Peter